I'm honoured and humbled that my presence has been missed. I suppose its true what they say... Once a Brutha, always a Brutha. This post will most likely lack my usually quick wit and charm. I am tired. If I thought 2004 was a pain in my you-know-what, then 2005 is quickly approaching equal status. Job hunting for recent graduates, well, it just plain sucks. They (UNCG and all institutions of higher learning alike) should have relocation placement efforts in effect from the moment you step off that platform. Please relocate my bank account into a higher salary bracket. Relocate me into an executive status at The Greatest Corporation in the World (TGCW for short). Shoot, lets have a job fair, interview fair, "I'll hire you!!" fair, right there in the lobby of the Coliseum. Anything. Want ads suck. Temporary agencies are the BIGGEST JOKE I have ever participated in and food service, well, we all know about food service. So, with these things said, I'm not even going to tell you guys what job I have taken for the time being. In fact I can't even give you hint. But I will tell you that it sucks allready. And I'm only making $3.00/hour (which really wounds the ego considering I use to make 3x that!). Oh, but I will mention how I found myself in this predicament. I was fired from my job at the caterer... ON GRADUATION DAY. Yeh. I went in for my shift, all happy cuz I'd just gradumacated, and what do you know, I'm taken upstairs to back room and told "We're going to have to let you go." Talk about a slap in the face. And so here I am. Two degrees, (yes, that's correct TWO) with a below minimum wage job. How is that even legal anyway?? That sever pay can be so far below the minimum?? It ain't right I tell you. Andrew (my boyfriend) suggested that I start a PAC (Political Action Coalition) to change this unfair practice. And I said, I ain't got time for that!!! I'd rather just b**ch about it and hope this doesn't last that long!! But I suppose on the BRIGHT side, I did interview for an administrative assistant type position at Grandover (and I should know if I've got the job in a week or so). And I met with the VP of HR at Weaver Investment (who in case you weren't aware, owns EVERYTHING in Greensboro)-- she (the VP of HR) is definitely someone it's GOOD to have in your corner. And she seems to like me. Though she didn't offer me a job... So, my rent is due in 2 weeks and I have less than $200 in my bank account.
PRAY. PRAY. PRAY. I need a little, no a LOT, of devine intervention.
So there you have it boys (and girls, if there are any). That's the Beamon update. Looking a little glum these days. You're probably wishing you hadn't even asked.
Here's some free advice (and you know what that's worth), if you can, put off graduating for AS LONG AS POSSIBLE. I know you think you're just itching to get out of school, but trust me, you're really not. Enjoy every single SECOND of college. The real world is NO JOKE ( and I've only just gotten a taste). And finally-- SAVE. SAVE. SAVE. Not souls... MONEY. You'll need it. Desperately. In the process of prolonging your college days, take lighter course loads, and get a J-O-B. And then don't spend the money of video games, computers and women. You'll thank yourself later.
OK well, I'm allready yawning and it's not even noon yet. Oi. Peace out my homies. Beamon
PRAY. PRAY. PRAY. I need a little, no a LOT, of devine intervention.
So there you have it boys (and girls, if there are any). That's the Beamon update. Looking a little glum these days. You're probably wishing you hadn't even asked.
Here's some free advice (and you know what that's worth), if you can, put off graduating for AS LONG AS POSSIBLE. I know you think you're just itching to get out of school, but trust me, you're really not. Enjoy every single SECOND of college. The real world is NO JOKE ( and I've only just gotten a taste). And finally-- SAVE. SAVE. SAVE. Not souls... MONEY. You'll need it. Desperately. In the process of prolonging your college days, take lighter course loads, and get a J-O-B. And then don't spend the money of video games, computers and women. You'll thank yourself later.
OK well, I'm allready yawning and it's not even noon yet. Oi. Peace out my homies. Beamon

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home